Saturday, October 30, 2010

Ham & Beef Meat Balls

Being that my audience (at least the audience that I know of) is 100% male...I've got a recipe that all of you will love. I've been working my way through the Better Homes & Gardens cookbook...and I thought I'd share one of the best ones that I've come across: Ham Balls in Barbecue Sauce

Here's what you need:
2 beaten eggs
1 1/2 cups of soft bread crumbs (cut up 2 slices of bread)
1/2 cup finely chopped onion (1 medium)
2 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon mustard
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
12 oz ground cooked ham (I just chopped up a smoked ham steak)
12 oz ground beef
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup catsup
2 tablespoons vinegar
1 more teaspoon of mustard

Do the following:
(1) Get a big bowl and mix the following together: eggs, bread crumbs, onion, milk, mustard, pepper, ham, and beef. Mix it up really well

(2) Shape that mixture into about 12 balls (about 1/3 cup for each). Place the balls into a lightly greased 2-quart baking dish

(3) In a smaller mixing bowl combine the brown sugar, catsup, vinegar, and the other tablespoon of mustard. Stir that up really well until the brown sugar is dissolved. Pour this mixture over the balls.

Like this:

(4) bake in oven, uncovered, at 350 degrees F for about 35 minutes or until done (inside of meatballs should read 160F)

The final product:


No comments:

Post a Comment